England's Under 16 Men have announced their final selections for the Division B European Championships that are to be held in Sofia, Bulgaria on the 11th – 20th August.
After confident performances against France and Scotland (winning 3-0 & 2-0 in each respective series) in their preparation for the European Championships, Coach Keane, has had the difficult but necessary task of narrowing down the squad to the final 12 that will go on to represent England.
Jacob Round and Daniel Ogoro return to the squad after representing England last year who finished 14th in the Division A championships held in Lithuania. Kareem Queeley also returns to the squad after his first year at Real Madrid.
(Jacob Round on England duty – FIBA Europe)
The U16 Mens Squad for the 2016 European Championships:
1) Richard Amaefule - Southwark Legends
2) Robert Banks Jr. - Thames Valley Cavaliers
3) Arinze Emeka-Anyakwo – Manchester Magic
4) Theo Hughes – Brentwood Fire
5) Hosana Kitenge – Worthing Thunder
6) Pierce Maslen – Barking Abbey
7) David Obediah – Reading Rockets
8) Daniel Ogoro – Chelmsford Lions
9) Joshua Ogundele – Barking Abbey
10) Mate Okros – Kent Crusaders
11) Kareem Queeley – Real Madird (ESP)
12) Jacob Round – NEBC Titans
Head Coach - Alan Keane
Assistant Coach - Guy Coles
Apprentice Coach - Troy Culley
Performance Analyst - Peter Berenyi
Physiotherapist - Mark Dayson
S & C Coach - Patrick Waplington
Team Manager - Pete Daines
To find out more about the players & staff, meet them here!