After a successful 3-0 sweep of the Netherlands this week, Coach Steve Bucknall has announced the final 12 that will represent England at this summer's European Championships in Skopje, Macedonia.
After taking a good look at his players during the trip to Holland, Coach Bucknall faced the unenvious task of narrowing down his squad. Making the cut is Brian Amabilino-Perez who found a scoring touch during all 3 games, along with game 1 match winner and Hoopsfix All-Star Classic U19 MVP RJ Eytle-Rock.
A number of players including Luke Mitchell, Joshua Edwards, Nelson Boachie-Yiadon and Carl Wheatle continue their progression along the Basketball England Performance Pathway having previously represented the U16s.
(Josh Edwards on England duty - FIBA Europe)
ABL South Conference Player of the Year Daniel Akin also makes the squad, as do EABL winners Henri Langton and Romario Spence.
The U18 Mens Squad for the 2016 European Championships:
1) Daniel Akin - Kent Crusaders
2) Brian Amabilino-Perez - Derby Trailblazers
3) Joshua Apple - Ipswich
4) Nelson Boachie-Yiadon - The Loomis Chaffee School (USA)
5) Joshua Edwards - London Thunder - Lewisham
6) RJ Eytle-Rock - Kent Crusaders
7) Henri Langton - Leicester Riders
8) Luke Mitchell - Montverde Academy, Florida (USA)
9) Micah Savery-Richards - Leeds Force
10) Romario Spence - Leicester Riders
11) Zion Tordoff - Lancashire Spinners
12) Carl Wheatle - Angelico Biella (ITA)
13) Ashley Briggs - Solent Kestrels
14) Charlie Prager - Village Christian High School (USA)
Head Coach - Steve Bucknall
Assistant Coach - Karl Brown
Apprentice Coach - Aurimas Ollie Verbukas
Performance Analyst - Hugh Wilkinson
Physiotherapist - Ellen Scott
S & C Coach - Tom Shaw
Team Manager - Emily Clark