Do you want to become part of the All Girls movement? Are you great at organising and influencing others to get active and involved? Do you have a passion for basketball? You’re in the right place!
Read on to find out how you can get behind the Basketball England's All Girls campaign by becoming one of our Ambassadors.
All Girls is a Basketball England campaign designed to raise the profile and awareness of women and girls’ basketball at all levels and in all facets of the game. The idea behind it is to break down the barriers women and girls face and create more tailored opportunities to play, coach, officiate and follow our game.
We will be recruiting a number of ambassadors across the country to join the All Girls team and spread the All Girls message!
Whether you are already involved or completely new to the game there is an opportunity for you to get involved.
Do you have an interest in ensuring there are opportunities for women and girls of all ages and abilities to get involved in basketball? Want to shout from the rafters about our awesome GB Women and their Olympic dream? Want to welcome more beginners in your community? Are you keen to develop more female officials or coaches?
These are many ways in which All Girls Ambassadors can make a difference for females in basketball. We’re keen to develop our female workforce and networks, create a platform for the women’s game to be celebrated as standard and develop, implement and deliver a pathway for all women and girls in the game – whether this be on the court, on the sidelines or online.
Anyone and everyone – of any age, any gender and any ability.
The All Girls campaign is for the game and basketball family as a whole, with females at the forefront. This doesn’t mean you have to be a female to become an ambassador or get behind the campaign. Whether you’ve been involved in basketball all your life or you’re new to the game, we want to hear from you.
▪ Your own exclusive All Girls branded technical t-shirt.
▪ Support and guidance to help you to activate your ideas alongside other likeminded people
▪ Build your networks and help others to become part of your local basketball community, making local impact to grow the game.
▪ Access to the All Girls Toolkit to assist you in promoting what’s happening for you and other women and girls in your area.
▪ Opportunities to receive complimentary game tickets, from National League to international competitions.
▪ Discounted rates on qualifications, training and conferencing.
▪ Put your skills and experience to use and become a role model to others.
▪ A sense of achievement and togetherness in recruiting and retaining women & girls into basketball.
▪ Other positive opportunities to be confirmed as the programme grows and develops.
Qualities and attributes of an All Girls Ambassador:
▪ A sound communicator with a passion for basketball.
▪ An ability to influence others and bring them on a journey with you.
▪ In some instances, act as a mentor within your basketball role/area.
▪ Comfortable being a point of contact and a source of advice within your local basketball network.
▪ Imaginative and creative in supporting and spotlighting basketball in your area, possibly capturing content to spread awareness of local activity.
▪ Assist Basketball England in co-ordinating resources to create opportunities such as events/courses/training.
▪ Be a team player with an appreciation of different backgrounds & cultures.
▪ Understand the motivations and barriers as to why women and girls engage in sport.
▪ To be comfortable with promoting stories via word of mouth and preferably online – either directly or through others.
Complete your Expression of Interest and submit you details HERE
Then send us a copy of your DBS to Basketball England clearly stating your name in the subject to AllGirls@basketballengland.co.uk (unless already uploaded to the Basketball England membership portal).
If you have any questions, or would like to speak to one of the team you can contact us on 0300 6001170.
Share your All Girls stories, pictures, successes and events via social media using the hashtag #AllGirls
27 May 2020
21 May 2020