The CBL caters for 16-19-year-olds and provides a competitive outlet for educational-based basketball programmes, such as sixth form and further education colleges.
The league is driven by five delivery standards that guide practice and athlete support, with the competition split into two tiers, known as category two and category three.
The five delivery standards that govern the CBL are as follows:
1. Athlete Recruitment – safe, ethical, and responsible recruitment activity that provides the appropriate level of information and guidance to help the athlete thrive
2. Educational Partnership – the school/college is committed to elite sport and supports the programme in all their endeavours
3. Quality Leadership, Coaching and Athlete Support – linked to the qualifications, experience, and knowledge of the Academy staff
4. Facilities and Equipment – linked to the quality and level of facilities and equipment provided by the Academy
5. Athlete Welfare Provision – demonstrates the academic and athletic support on offer, including policies and process to support the basketball athlete
For competition related queries, please contact Basketball England’s Competitions Department by emailing [email protected].
For content and coverage related queries, please contact Basketball England’s Media Department by emailing [email protected].
For information about the talent pathway contact Basketball England Talent Pathway and Programme Manager Sam Messam by emailing [email protected].