Following consultation between the BE Medical and Talent teams, camp directors and after listening to the concerns of coaches, players, parents and volunteers, it has been decided to reschedule the ten regional events.
In the light of rising COVID-19 cases across the country, including the Omicron variant, the main factors in the decision were:
“We are very disappointed to have to postpone this month’s camps, but feel, in light of the discussions we have had, and the increased risk currently posed to bringing large groups together, that it is the right course of action to keep staff and players as safe as possible.
“Other factors were also making the logistics of running the camps challenging. We will aim to release information about rescheduling them as soon as possible.”
The intention is to reschedule the camps in the New Year, if possible. The Aspire Camps scheduled for February half-term are currently unaffected.